Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I hope i can find my camera tomorrow..

So I can get a picture of Py with his little orange bandages on his front feet. Poor little dude. I had to take him in and get his two front dewclaws removed because his claws were growing into his footie pads and I didn't want it to happen again. I'm not a de-clawing person. But this was different. Smart half went and picked him up from the vet because I was on my Siskiyou route today (aaaaaaaaalllllll day, as usual) and got home around 7. And there was Poop on the couch, and i just laughed and laughed because his feet look so funny. But then he got pets for a long time, i brought out his favorite blanket to sleep on and gave him his antibiotics in tuna juice. His feet are SO SMALL in the bandages! He's a kind of biggish cat- 9 pounds, but he has poofy fur, even on his legs and feet, so he looks much bigger than he is. He can walk around, but one of the bandages has his foot at a strange angle so walking is probably harder than normal. So, he's a big-looking gray and white cat with teeny little orange stick legs in the front. He's sleeping next to me right now. Shhhhhh. He had a rough couple of days. I know how he feels.

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad about having to declaw. It's sure painful for cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. luckily, it wasn't all his claws. I wouldn't allow that, anyway. Just his dewclaws. So he can still scratch the crap out of anything he wants to. He's doing pretty well now, too. He isn't tender on his feet, the incisions are clean, and actually, he seems to be in a much better mood than he was prior to the dewclaw removal.

    ReplyDelete