Tuesday, October 03, 2006

all these things that went on

i was out on the coast this weekend again. Stayed in the cabin at LaVerne Park (near Coquille) and then a yurt (yurt-de-durt) in Sunset Bay State Park. I had four people with me. Three of them were teenagers. One of those teenagers says i listen to the shittiest music. Well, i made her listen to Butt Trumpet and the Supersuckers and Reverend Horton Heat. They all like Skynrd. So who REALLY likes the shittiest music? yeah, ain't me. Thought so. pfft.

Outward, a tire blew up and we got lectured by a dirt-phobic state cop. Who, i should add, was nearly completely useless. All was relatively fine after that.

A lot of my friends came by to hang out, and the kids busied themselves out collecting crap like crawdads at LaVerne, which they ate for dinner.

I don't know if i had fun or not. I did a ton of driving. It was nice being out there, but i was on someone else's time schedule and that always makes me a little edgy.

I was surrounded by raccoons at Sunset. Everyone had gone to sleep and i was out at the campfire, and two raccoons came nosing around. Everything was put away and thrown out, but there they were. Then another one came around. There were just the three for awhile, and then two more snuck in and i just watched them. They're so weird to watch. Then i heard some rustling and saw like four more come cruising into the site. So now there were 8 of them, all looking at me like i was something that shouldn't be there, and together they were going to remove me. I gave up, said goodnight, and then crashed out.

Yeah so next time, it'll probably be just me and maybe one or two other people in a yurt-de-durt or a cabin again. those are nice. They sleep five, but it's like being in the damn drunk tank with five. The New Boots ran pretty good, although it was pretty weighed down with five people's crap and the five people. I really struggled steering it on some of those turns. It just wallowed.

And then yesterday we saw a sea lion on the beach at Bastendorff. Weird place to find one just hanging out and staring at the sky, but there it was.

Pictures will come along shortly, probably. My camera is screwed up, it's just getting old and needs new batteries so the camera sat charging itself like 70% of the time i was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment