Friday, February 01, 2008

and on looking upwards...

ok in the yard we have close to four feet of snow built up over the last few weeks.

On the roof... jeez.. i have to figure out how we're going to get some of it off the roof of the house and the garage. Probably will call the landlord today when I'm done working (on a break now) and see if they will send someone out to do it. A good foot and a half on the southern side. A little less on the northern one. another 10 inches predicted tomorrow.

Our place was build in the 20s. From what I understand, heavy snow was more common then than it has been in the last couple of decades. MAYBE the roof can handle the snow load. but it sure would suck if it couldn't. At least it's not a flat roof. It's got a pretty good slope on it.

But even if I had a ladder, you'd be hard pressed to get me up on the ladder to rake it off.

2 comments:

  1. Just poke at it and duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I can even reach the eaves. The damn snow along the side of the house is over my knees, about halfway up my thighs. Callin the management company monday. This is just more than I want to deal with.

    ReplyDelete