Sunday, November 25, 2007

one more....

I just got word that a friend on the coast, someone who I used to love jamming with, who taught me so much about music, passed away recently. Must have been in the last week or so. Got an email this morning from the Savage Lobster that she was finding out about his services, and that as far as she knew, they were going to be at the VFW in Bandon some time in January.

Jim Rowe, the piano man, the harp man... who was so intense and into music when I met him, he would turn that certain shade of red when he played, who could do a Bob Seger song about as good as ol' Bob himself... Jim's gone now. I'm glad I met him, glad I got to spend so many Wednesdays jamming with him.

I'll do my damnedest to be there for his memorial. What a great guy. What a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment