Thursday, January 31, 2008

continuing to not eat High Fructose Corn Syrup

I know this stuff slips by me here and there sometimes. But in general, I've been reading my labels and avoiding it. Franz bakeries makes some fantastic bread, and now they are making it without HFCS. It also looks like they've stopped using enriched and bleached flours. Yay!

But, since I stopped eating this stuff in the large quantities that I was before (blissfully unaware it was in almost everything I ate...) I don't crave sweets anymore. I also don't feel hungry all the time.

I'm a member of a certain bulletin board full of women, and there are always questions about losing weight. There are always people going on and on about this diet or that diet, or things like Nutrisystem. Frankly I can't believe how much money we throw at trying to lose weight, when from my own experience, removing this one ingredient and its derivatives from my diet has produced some pretty drastic changes, both in my weight and how I feel from day-to-day.

Pounds lost since the end of September to the last time I weighed myself on 1/18- 16. Remember, I've done nothing but get some exercise and remove HFCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment