Saturday, January 26, 2008

Short lines and a caboose

There is a short-line rail company here, the Modoc Northern, that started up right around when we moved to KF. I think it runs the potato route- Klamath and Tulelake, Altamont and a couple of other towns, although I have never seen one of their trains in Klamath. So maybe they don't come this far north. Last week one of their trains was at the siding in Tulelake and I really wish I'd had a good camera with me. The thing had a caboose. A caboose! When's the last time anyone's seen a freakin caboose on a working train? The locomotive looked like it was probably about 30 or 40 years old. It's hard to tell with them, all i can do is go off "the lines", and this one looked very 50s. It didn't have the electric/diesel hybrid though. Straight diesel.

I'll see it again. Next time, I'll have a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment