Tuesday, December 25, 2007

a farang's view

My dad sends me tidbits about Thailand. His last email detailed his thoughts on the election they just had over there. He's also sent me a Thai music file and a picture of the palace in.. i think it's Bangkok. Very cool. So foreign.

Well, maybe not entirely. My biodad's parents took in Cambodian refugees when I was little, and my grandfather had a business at one time where he was importing things from Siam (well, it was Siam at the time) and Cambodia. So I have something of a passing familiarity with the art, architecture and music. There was always something to learn at their house. Their house, in fact, is full of Asian antiques he picked up on his trips over there.

But anyway, dad's enjoying himself over there. Good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment