Wednesday, December 12, 2007

put up or shut up

i get so ticked off sometimes at some of the people in the blues thing. Jeezus, I do. Some people just run their mouth and bitch and piss and moan about everything, but ask them to make an effort to change whatever they're bitching about and OH NO! I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP! Well, then, help, asshole. Do something. HELP is an active verb. It is an action. Standing around and complaining about everything with your finger up your ass is NOT help. It's hindering.

I think that's the phrase in the English language that I hate the most. "I was just trying to help". When i hear it drop out of someone's bonehole, I instantly dislike the person who says it. Ok keep this in mind- the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Do we need to dissect that? Intentions. Not deeds.

There are three or four of us who are the "magic stage set up fairies" for everyone else. Some people show up late, leave early, and bitch the whole time. I'm not one to engage in fisticuffs on the dance floor, but i am very nearly driven to it multiple times a jam night. I can't get all loaded to dull the irritation, either. All i can do is smile, nod, and go back to whatever I'm trying to deal with.

Bunch of babies some of them are. Christ on a popsicle stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment