Monday, December 17, 2007

Tantalize

The title makes me think of two songs, but they have nothing to do with the post.

They keep promising us snow. Like, measurable amounts. Not really any yet. I know we are in a good snow when everything gets very quiet outside. The snow muffles it. It's just weird. There was about a quarter inch on the ground when I woke up this morning, and then it's just sort of piddled on and off.

Ah but the two songs.. First into my head was "Tantalize" by Jimmy the Hoover. Then "Tantalize" by The Church elbowed it out of the way. Both songs put me in a very specific time and place. I can feel the summer sun on me when I think of those songs.

O and Smart Half and I are going to rearrange the living room tonight. Not all that big to begin with and has a sort of invisible wall right down the middle. Trying to get more space, or at least the illusion of more space, out of it.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment