Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bummer!

*cry*
I found out about halfway through my show today that KTEC was off the air. Something is up with the transmitter. So I just finished up the show and left at the usual time. I was recording it to send someone. If its still down next weekend I think i'll go visitin to Coos Bay for a weekend. Tam got a hot tub.

Anyway I had put together this "thing", I know they have names but I can't remember what it's called, about the Damned's song "In Dulce Decorum". The original recording of it had a bit of a Churchill speech at the beginning, but the version I have doesn't have that, so I added a bit of a General Jack Pershing speech in that was recorded in 1918. Then 'splained how the song was inspired by a Wilfred Owen poem, "Dulce et Decorum est", which in turn came out of a speech by Horace. It took me a long time to put it together and dig up the right information, and then NOBODY HEARD IT!!! oh well... I have it ready for next week. Or whenever we're back on the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment