Friday, April 04, 2008

meanwhile on the thursday blues show ..

yesterday i brought out the pre-war blues stuff i had found on archive.org for the 4-7 show that the blues society does on KTEC.

Now, when I am playing the tunes, I usually do it with a MP3 CD and I go through and pick songs out, write the song down as I play it and then remove it from the playlist, and then go back and tell about them after a handful, or sometimes just one... but anyway,
I looked down the list of songs I had to back-announce and the guy doing the show with me laughed. songs by- Blind Alfred Reed, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Willie Johnson, Blind Willie McTell and Blind Blake. Prior to that set i'd picked a few blues women like Ma Rainey and St Louis Bessie. Picking songs by five blind guys wasn't intentional, and apparently when dealing with old blues, not unusual.

Also played recently was some Peg-Leg Pete. Who really has a Peg-Leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment