Saturday, April 12, 2008

its nice

I have thought, for a few years, that a musicology degree would be awesome, and right up my alley, but also completely pointless. But it is there, on my interests regarding a degree. And I see that UofO offers it as a degree program. Part of me says, "Do it. Get the degree in the commercial art thing and minor in musicology.". Sounds totally reasonable. But then so did quitting a great job so I could do more cocaine, so you see why I often doubt my decision-making abilities.

On the other hand, my friends sometimes call me from various parts of the country to ask me things like "When DID Milo go to college?". "Are Jack Casady and Jorma Kaukenen the same guy?" and "What's the diff between a Chicago shuffle and a Texas shuffle?". And a favorite rolled in about three months ago, from New Mexico, "Can you explain, again, why the old church had such a hard-on about fifths?". Which I love explaining, because it's so totally ridiculous. As is so much associated with the early Catholic church.. and come to think of it, the modern one, as well.

I'm something of an amateur musicologist already. I'd like to complete it somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment